Sickness: a Curse or an Opportunity


Oh sure!  Trying to be upbeat!  I have the influenza.  It is not a bad case because I had been laboriously treating it like a cold by taking mega-doses of zinc, vitamin C and elderberry for a couple of days.  But--this felt like it did last year, and it was flu, so I went to an Urgent Care and it was confirmed and I'm now taking an anti-viral.

So I have lots of time on my hands.  Like, what else am I going to do?  So, instead of obligations pushing at me, I look for some of the postponed but soul-nourishing activities that I have at my disposal.  I am reading more about things I can do to improve my well-being, such as nutrition, stress-reducing activities, mood regulating practices.  I cannot go the the gym or yoga right now, but I have to use my head and pull in a bit and just BE.  This is a bit hard for me to do, but I am more compliant than I was years ago.

I also seem to be in a better frame of mind than I was in this time last year.  I take Curcumin and Sam-E in large doses--both promote good mental health.  Again, a slow realization that there are some things that I have control over, and some that I do not, and hopefully I can tell the difference.

This too shall pass.

Comments

Popular Posts