I. Am. Getting. Better.

Mid-summer is upon us here in the Midwest. My days are filled with regimented time at the gym:  classes of yoga, Zumba, strength training and cardio...and then just working out with my own routine.  I have had to purchase more yoga/Zumba workout clothes. Sometimes I make two trips to my gym in one day.  I sweat, return home, bathe and put on dry gym clothes....and do it again.  I do this at several doctors' recommendations:  I need to reduce the stress and inflammation in my body.  I was told this last December.  I take a cardiologist's warning very seriously.

I am eating better too.  I have a nutritionist.  I have a holistic M.D.  And therapist.  And support groups.  And like-minded friends. And some wonderful gym instructors.  And a meditation group.  And friends from yoga classes.  Why am I just now doing all this "good stuff" at the age of 64?  Being a first-born, I was always a late-bloomer.  I guess it's better late than never?  But all of these changes and hard work are paying off.  I am stronger.  I am more flexible.  I am leaner.  I still wear a size 4-6 in misses' sizes.  My cholesterol is down.  My A1C is down.  I found I was anemic, but that is being corrected with iron.

I take 33 pills per day.  I have 3 doctors monitoring my mediation'supplements intake.  I just feel like I am running to buy pills and chug them down throughout the day.  My pantry looks like an apothecary.  But I am getting healthier.  I am feeling better, though some of the strenuous work does make me sore and tire me out.

I am not complaining.  My life is very different than it was a year ago.  I am blessed.

I. Am. Getting. Better.    I. Am. Moving. Forward.

Comments

Popular Posts