A Spiritual Footprint

I am forever trying to heighten my enlightenment and participation to events, happenings, conversations, encounters, books, movies and dreams that address the spirit within me....within us all.  This part of me, which has kept me on the eye-opening  path of recovery needs to be nurtured continually.  It is so easy to fall into my old ways, my lower self, and to listen to the nay-sayers of the world.

In this quest for spiritual harvest, I have learned to say no to unacceptable people, hurtful behavior from others, and situations that baffle me and can't do anything about.  I try to practice radical acceptance in all matters that are not to my liking.  I am learning to listen to my own voice, and not to the voices that raised me from a baby.

"Healing the Child Within" is a power exercise.  (Click on the cover of the book that appears on the website where the above link takes you.  You can read some sample pages).  It is a book that is Discovery and Recovery for Adult Children of Dysfunctional Families.  I am taking a workshop for the second time that uses this book.  No 12-Step Program can touch the tiny little area within hurting/recovering people that was unattended to in childhood, and is unaddressed in recovery programs.  Often times, therapists are able to reach this "tiny, sacred" area of raw nerves.

Two books have been written and published by myself in 2011 and 2017, addressing hurting, addictions, denial, avoidance, terror, pain, acceptance, grace and redemption.  They are "Prepare for the Harvest" and "Destiny of Detours".

In June 2016, I was asked to be a guest speaker at WXXI's "Second Opinion" television show.  They taped a 30-minutes segment at that time on the topic of Borderline Personality Disorder, and have aired it in over 250 markets in the United States since October 2016.  Once at the website for the segment on BPD, click on the "arrow" to view the video of the show.  Under "Panelists", you can click on "Amy Allison" to reach my bio.  Wow!  I was truly honored and humbled by this experience.

I carry the message.  I put one foot in front of the other.  I make mistakes.  I make amends.  I try to do better.  I try to stay away from toxic people.  I am happier than I have been in years.  I give the credit to my Higher Power, who has seen me through some very dark times.

Comments

Popular Posts