Staving Off Illness

Good Morning.  It's March 2nd, and Spring is around the corner.  I have managed to stay well for almost a calendar year.  No cold, flu or sinus infection.  My lifestyle changes must be paying off.  However, I have had about 10 days of tiredness and not systemically feeling myself.  A trip to the doctor with strep and mom tests both yielded negative results.  I was put on Tamiflu as a precaution.

My lament:  I take two handfuls of pills per day.  4 prescriptions the remaining are supplements to address other irregularities that need correcting.  All are sanctioned by my doctors.  I feel good because of this (I suppose) and the 12 hours of gym work per week.  I feel that my attention to my body's well-being has really taken a greater percentage of my time as I age.  Alas! I guess it is the human condition I was born/blessed with.  I consider what I could be facing as a female well into mid-life and I guess I will keep chugging the pills.  Things such as my health were taken for granted when I was young...not so now. 

Potholes are being repaired in my city (finally).  The winters can be brutal to our streets.  The FLU INDEX is high in our area.  I am getting a pneumonia shot in a few weeks because I reached the milestone age for this last month.   I am thankful.  Spring is around the corner!

Comments

Popular Posts